11/02/2010

Joseph F. Shubert Library Excellence Award

I'm very excited! It was just recently announced that one of my projects, The Queens Library for Teens, part of Queens Library (NY), won the Joseph F. Shubert Library Excellence Award.

In Spring 2008, Queens Library presented me with the challenge of converting an empty storefront (located two blocks away from the full-service branch)into a 3,500 square foot teen library. Together with and Queens Library administration and Demco Library Interiors, we worked over the course of 6 months to create a vibrant and positive environment enhanced with a slew of technology and programmatic offerings for the kids in the Far Rockaway community. The teen library was opened in December 2008 and was met with tremendous enthusiasm.

I'm very proud to have been a part of this project and the work done for teens in this community. Congratulations to Queens on this fine award and thanks for asking me to be part of it.

For more information see my article Just for Them in Library Journal that discusses the project. The Queens Courier also has a nice article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kim Bolan, MLS, Bolsters Ratio's National Library Design Expertise

Rob and I are excited to announce that Jessica Edwards and I have joined Ratio Architects where we will continue to focus on planning a...