5/17/2010

Metropolitan Library System (IL)

I really enjoyed my time at the Metropolitan Library System talking about "Signage & Wayfinding" and "21 Ideas for 21st Century Libraries." Both workshops turned out to be great brainstorming sessions thanks to the participants. Thanks everyone!

So, without further delay, here are copies of the .pdfs of the presentations as well as the Signage Planning Worksheet. I apologize for the delay in posting this information. I had a few technical difficulties with my .pdf writer yesterday, but things seem to be functioning now.

What's Your Sign - Signage & Wayfinding in Public Libraries

21 Ideas for 21st Century Libraries

Sign Planning Worksheet

Also, just a reminder to try out the "Beautiful>Ugly" graph developed by Aaron Schmidt. It's a great tool. Read more on his blog Walking Paper. You can also print out a copy from the "What's Your Sign" presentation.

Don't forget about the other helpful signage and wayfinding resources including Libris Design's Wayfinding and Signage Document, San Jose Public Library's Signage Design Guidelines and Demco's Signage Planning.

Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kim Bolan, MLS, Bolsters Ratio's National Library Design Expertise

Rob and I are excited to announce that Jessica Edwards and I have joined Ratio Architects where we will continue to focus on planning a...