6/05/2008

Book Rental Service????

A friend and colleague just forwared me this posting. It's from failblog.org.

"Was just thinking. my sister does -alot- of reading, and spends like $1000 a year on just books alone. Most of them she reads once then never looks at again. Is there any kind of like…video rental store but for books? Would make things alot cheaper, plus once one person had read one the next person can get enjoyment from it etc."

It's called a library and this is why librarians need to A) market and B) get out of their libraries and into their communities!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    tracked this down to a forum at www.overclockers.com.au even though I had to join to be able to see the forum it is in (other topics, entertainment etc etc). I am just so depressed that it is in an Australian forum! We have pretty good use of libraries in Oz and reading is in the top 3 recreational activities according to the various statistics. How tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:14 PM

    Right here in the U.S. (Canandaigua, N.Y.) I once had a teacher (of all people!) who was so thrilled that she could get her books at the library. "I've been buying them", she said. Sigh!

    Cathy Carstens - Hi Kim! Best wishes for a long and very happy married life!

    ReplyDelete

Kim Bolan, MLS, Bolsters Ratio's National Library Design Expertise

Rob and I are excited to announce that Jessica Edwards and I have joined Ratio Architects where we will continue to focus on planning a...